Vagabond Mini Lithium
Product homepage: http://paulcbuff.com/vagabond.php
I use it with the Einstein 640 units.
Be the envy of your friends and foreign superpowers alike!
- Small and light - like a 300mm f/4 lens
- Affordable (relatively)
- Super useful! Lets you get the studio lights out into hotshoe territory
- 2 standard mains outlets
- Weights ~1.5kg
- Rated to provide ~500 shots to an Einstein 640
- Charges an Einstein in ~3.7sec
My own notes
- Does what it says, hassle-free
- The increased cycle time is probably a non-issue for most people
- Carrying strap makes it convenient to sling over your shoulder for carrying
- Springy attachment clamp is just-okay, it's not the firmest connection to a lightstand, but it's not bad
You cannot use the modelling lamp at all while powered by the Vagabond, kind of a bummer
- The manual really stresses that the charging brick will get hot while it's charging, which makes me a little uneasy. I wouldn't leave it unattended while charging, I'm paranoid.
The Vagabond fits neatly in the bottom section of my Lowepro Fastpack 200. As such, it displaces my camera if I want to carry it there, which means I probably need another bag unless the top compartment of the Fastpack is empty.
Chances are you've got other bags for carrying lightstands and umbrellas, so this shouldn't be a huge problem. The 1.5kg weight is really easy to lug.