Protagonist from Inu x Boku Secret Service, the school uniform should look quite elegant if matured a bit.
Official art: http://www.inuboku.tv/character/chara_ririchiyo.html
This artist has drawn her a little older looking, that's the gist of what I'm aiming for: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1201216/
Another decent example: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1115978/
- This page is not at all complete yet
- Some comrades would be really great
- Uwah, so comprehensive! If I ever wanted the demon form..
- Should be pretty simple, I think...
- 1x front
- 2x front-side
- 2x back-side?
- 2x belt pieces
- 1x belt-joiner
- 1x back fishtail (maybe attached to belt-joiner)
- Zipper on one side
- Pretty much straight-sided down to the waist, then springs out pretty heavily
- And the skirt is pretty short, of course
- A box pleat on each side, adjoining front and front-sides
- Fishtail looks to complement the dress fabric itself, in which case don't add pleats to the back side
The shape at the back can be seen here: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1166603/
This artist agrees: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1131751/
This cover would appear to confirm it, but they also draw the belt as being continuous. I'd prefer the anime design
CD cover confirms that the fishtail complements the wavy hem
- The peak of each pleat continues upwards as a vertical seam, meeting the shoulder strap around bust height(?)
Not sure what the belt is doing here
- Side seams as well
- Four gold buttons up each side of the front strip, just inside the vertical seams
- Deep V-shape at the back from the straps, plunging at the front but less so
- About halfway between sternum and navel?
- Belt pieces are sewn into the top of each front pleat
- I think a poly-viscose fabric would be correct
- Plenty of reference materials:
I sat around in Lincraft for a couple hours and perused their pattern books, I think I'll just have to take something that's vaguely close and work with that, like for Noel.
Vogue V1265 in E5 sizing - back would need modification, don't think it's close enough to be useful
Vogue V8726 in C5 sizing - a big maybe, probably not
Vogue V1172 in EE sizing - some vintage stuff there may have the desired shape
McCall M6396 in C5 sizing - skirt's a bit funky there, not sure...
McCall M6027 in D5 sizing - best bet I think, let's go with this one
OMG Yumi you're amazing! Cosmode published a pattern for the dress, which she has a copy of. It's in Japanese, but I managed to stumble through it with a little help.
I've put together a rough guide for the sewing with minimal translations.
Grabbed a few metres from the end of a roll at the Remnant Warehouse, will see if it's any good and try using it for prototyping. I think it's basically okay, but something better shouldn't be too hard to come across.
Also got 3m of Ink-coloured poly-viscose at Spotlight, let's see how that looks. It really does canonically seem to be black, hope I haven't fucked this up.
- The remnant stuff isn't what I'm after, but it should be usable for prototyping
- The poly-viscose is absolutely spot-on
A plain white blouse should work, will have to find another one. I don't have any spare at the moment, seeing as the last one got modified for Kurisu's outfit.
Got another one of the same, so I guess that's that sorted
Put something together, should be fairly easy.
Those stockings are amazing, they're sorta ribbed... what's available?
Need a garter belt. Luckily I have one!
Nice mary-janes would be good. The ones I have are a bit too chunky. Consider something that'll match her aesthetic (a little mature and refined).
Found something in the right style for $50, but they're size 10 (a bit small). They'll probably be fine.
Straight purple hair, down to at least the waist, preferably down to the butt. Similar to Yamada (Working!).
Straight fringe across forehead, not hime-cut.
References for hair style:
- Backup option, seeing as I've bought from them before
- Arrived on 2012-09-21
- Saw a review suggesting this one is decent
- Arrived on 2012-09-19
The purple lenses I have for Kurisu will probably be fine.
Cosmode magazine has some advice too, I think I'll follow that.
Simple background + writing on environment: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1076288/
They're big on the yellow/purple backgrounds, can something be done? http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1161399/