Natsuyasumi is a go!
This is copypasta from an old page, not yet complete
- Visit Sarah in Shimane
- Go to Aogashima
Other stuff to do: furinkan/Japan201508
- Set aside funds for Magical Mirai tickets
Buy some yen
Buy JR pass
Throw money at Trej for tickets
Do costing for Aogashima
Research prep needed for Aogashima
Get International Driving Permit
Stuff to get
- Cosmetics for Kat
- Compact Bismarck ship model
- Pile's shampoo
For the sake of estimating, I'll be there for 14.5 or 15 days (arrival on the first day leaves enough time to spend and eat).
I'll be doing a fair bit of travelling so a JR pass may be worthwhile for a week or so.
Assume an exchange rate of 75 JPY to the AUD.
- Transport: 1100
- Airfare: 1020 AUD
Tokyo to Shimane: 20000 yen each way
- Tokyo to Numazu: about 4400 yen each way
- Tokyo to Aogashima: ferry to Hachioji, then chopper to Aogashima itself, ??? yen each way
- First night or two
- Makuhari hotel for concert dates: 30110 yen for 5 nights (paid 391.16 AUD)
- Other Tokyo accommodation
- Awashima Marine Park
- Concert tickets: 37296 yen for all shows (paid 469.22 AUD)
Offkai after the concert, 5000 yen: http://twipla.jp/events/191435
- Food: 2500 yen per day? About 36000 yen
- Wifi rental - get from Econnect Japan
- Phone rental (not sure if necessary, or just get a SIM)
- Goods and buying requests
- Shipping stuff home: ?
- Concert dates: 30,110 JPY for 8th to 13th, at worst
- Other days on arrival before concerts
- Days after concerts
- Airfare is $1025
- JR pass about $375
- Expect to spend 750 yen per day for local trains?
- Depart JL772, Wednesday 07th September at 08:15, Seat 49C, arrive Narita at 17:05, 9h50m flight, T1 to T2, 2 meals
- Return JL771, Wednesday 21st September at 19:25, Seat 49C, arrive Sydney at 30:10, 9h45m flight, T2 to T1, 2 meals
- 1,020.30 AUD total
- Booking reference: RY5EBJ
Ferries to Aogashima
Heli to Aogashima
Guessing $25 per day.
Try this place? https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/''/%E3%82%84%E3%82%88%E3%81%84%E9%A3%9F%E5%A0firstname.lastname@example.org,139.8131604,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6018a2ab28679e99:0x3fe39d5f480dcaf9!2m2!1d139.8551508!2d35.9442359
Phone rental and data SIM purchase?
Maybe $60 depending on how we do it.
Mostly arcade games and anything to kill time.
- Aquarium in Numazu?
Gig on the 17th? http://natalie.mu/music/news/200025
- Tokyo Game Show is on the 17th and 18th weekend