Yeah, that thing that reflects light off pigments bonded to a substrate.
Do It Yourself
- Little Canon "bucket printers"
- Serious Epson printers
They do very nice prints, custom however the hell you want them. Quite expensive, details to follow
Regarding framing, Photoland near the MLC Centre specialises in framing. They can also print, and it's cheaper, but it's less exacting compared to Foto Riesel's options. Framing is not cheap, at least if you have something custom.
- Photo of a Lancia Stratos, taken at Comiket 79
- Print: $30 for an A3-but-narrower (420mm x 210mm)
- Framing: $113 for the frame, custom-sized matte border and fitting; the works.
- Photo of a footbridge in Glebe, taken on the evening I got my D700
- Print: $30 for a 10" x 15"
- Framing: $70 for a standard sized frame and single-matte border
- Labour: $15 for the shop to fit and finish
More details to follow.