- Other notes
Goldie mentioned a place called backyardopera.com for backdrop white/green screen
Something a bit luxurious looking, or otherwise striking, to use as studio space. Some props/furniture would be good.
Will bring own lights, option to use a smoke machine is nice to have.
Desk and Studio
Most practical looking
$175 half day, Annandale, gotta ask for weekend use. Seems maybe promising
Looks a bit modern and bland, lighting may fix
$150 half day
Nice but less ideal
I quite like the look of this one, a bit "hard" but also rich
$350/half day, the price reduces my rating for this
Right in the CBD, simple and versatile, some gear provided, has some okay white furniture which could look nice
Central Chippendale Loft Studio
Not exactly clear which space is which in the photos, could be a little cramped. I like that brown lounge though
$150/day is nice and on the low-end, need to ask for weekend access, not always available
Work Club Barangaroo
Not really promising
Looks like nice plush spaces, I kinda want that library.
Pricing unclear, looks like they normally use a subscription model. This is a problem unless I call them and they say good things
Used as a dance space, not really any furniture, could be interesting though.
$350/half day, not sure if it would necessarily be this dear
Coworking space, apparently has a photo studio area
Top Floor at Wellington
Wooden floors, space might look a bit too homely, hard to tell.
$390/day, unclear if half-day available
The Hub Studio
Suitability unclear, looks a bit like an event space more than anything
$38/hr perhaps? Cheap is nice
A simple high key space with a little bit of character.
Sydney Photo Studio
Went with this one in the end
Located in Rosebery
- Nice white room
- Not that much visible furniture, might be packed away
- $325 + GST = $357.50
- Lots of crazy backdrops, would be amazing for Vocaloid and really bold fashion stuff
- Unknown price
- Looks like lots of set furniture to play with
- Seems to be $245 for a half day, confirm for weekends, has an online booking system + calendar!
- Includes lots of lighting gear
- Lots of furniture, cool
- Half day is $350
- Not sure if available on weekend mornings
In Tempe, duh!
- Interior looks more like full sets, less abstract
- $350 for half day on weekend
- Studio 2 would be the go (White Space)
- Looks a bit too sparse
- Half day on Saturday is $330 + GST = $363
- Studio 6 (Sunlight) would be my choice, a couple of different settings/backdrops to look use
- $306 for half day on Saturday morning
- Looks decently equipped, can also hire props if desired
- 08:30am to 12:30pm