Photobooth at Smash 2012 was a resounding success! We're not done yet, but I'm keeping some notes.
This page is publicly visible
- Do not store anything of value in your car at SCEC
- We should distribute multiple copies of the photo raws and metadata (eg. rego) before even leaving the venue
- An even larger room with an organised cosplayer flow would be great
Setup and management
- Setup needs more than 2.5 hours - 4 hours would be great
- We need a more organised/streamlined process for processing and uploading the final product (the limited-distribution set of 5 photos from each session)
- The 1 photo from each session must go up by the end of the day, watermarked and pushed to flickr (or similar)
We did good! That indeed happened, though the metadata was stripped out
- I'd like a policy ("on paper" to provide certainty and knowledge to all shooters) on the final output. This is obviously balancing the commercial requirements of Smash (they paid for the equipment hire and shooting space) against the utility of the final product
Eg. my preference would be full size JPEGs, EXIF'd, not watermarked
- Interaction after the event has been pretty minimal. I don't think this is a problem, but should we be chatting more, passing around files, etc?