Shipdaughters! With Rose and Sairla and whoever else makes it along.
Things to bring and prepare
- Life ring if you've got it
- Painted red and white somehow?
- A warm coat
- Please practise winking
Sunday afternoon, aiming for 13:00 meetup, Town Hall.
Locations to be chosen based on acceptable shots.
A lot of these ideas aren't strongly tied to a particular location, but we still want something nice/suitable.
Could be done almost anywhere with a nice background.
- Ou! Actually... as a speech bubble that would work
Like so, half-jumping with one leg bent: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1486691
- With teitoku's hat
- Kongou-style pointing
- "Hold me Jack", arms outstretched over the water
- With water spray perhaps? Maybe in photoshop
- Life ring
- Ideally painted red and white
- We'll have uniforms on hand I think? What can we do?
- Admiral patting her on the head
Pinup style? Is anything vaguely approaching gravure okay?
Drying off: furinkan/cosplay/Shimakaze/shimakaze01.jpg
- Strappy underwear pull
Hugging Rensouhou-chan: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1707797
More like this: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1707458
Various specific poses and looks
- The Anchor in front of the Maritime Museum is just okay
Red megane: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1686372
- Pretty pictures
MP Zero cos has a collection of poses: http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/21351128/
And paired ones (near the bottom of the page), which isn't quite as useful: http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/21332611/
In silhouette over a cliff? http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1707244
This'd be a cool lighting exercise, with the background something like from MGS2 (background all photoshopped): http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1706357
Double Peace: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1683953
- Something with alcohol? Like... a fancy cocktail, with an umbrella in it. A fresh picture with a really summery theme. What would suit Shimakaze?
I asked the wrong people... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_Fuck and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze_%28cocktail%29 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_%28cocktail%29 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_on_the_Beach and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Breeze_%28cocktail%29 (this one is a good colour), and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tequila_Sunrise_%28cocktail%29 (also cool looking)
- Shimakaze in a kiddie pool would be cute and funny
Rose plz to photoshop it up so it's kirakira: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1686051
- Somewhere with a sunset over water would be nice
- I want to see Shimakaze having a good time, what would she do for fun?
- Gotta go fast
- Would she ever have any clothing accessories like a scarf, etc?
Do we have other cosplayers on hand? http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1705222
Pick ideas from above, choose appropriate locations, run with it.
Close to city and easily accessible
- Darling Harbour
- Maritime Museum
- Ships on display, area is open until 16:00
- The Rocks
- Circular Quay
- Somewhere with nice rocks down to the water?
- Steps into the harbour? (Under the bridge or maybe east of the opera house, around the quay, nice portrait opportunity perhaps)
- Overseas Passenger Terminal?
- Need somewhere with westerly aspect (Observatory Hill?)
- The Domain is closeby, may serve a similar purpose
Woolloomooloo finger wharf might put boats in the background nicely: http://sydney-city.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/potts-point-woolloomooloo-bay.html
- Garden Island? (long way away)
- North side of the bridge?
- Bradley's Head? That's at Manly
What've we got?
- Life ring (if we have one)
- Torpedoes? She had them apparently
- Food? Ice-cream? (just because it might be cute)
- Admiral's hat!
Very fast, long endurance, reasonably heavy armaments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_destroyer_Shimakaze_%281942%29
The GSC figure is a great reference: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4240/Shimakaze.html
- Invisible tape
- Duct tape
- Stripey socks
Red glasses (Homura?) Wouldn't say no to that look: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1686372
- Rensouhou-chan headphone jack charm
Listing is TBC
- Camera - D800
- Spare battery in grip
- AA batteries
- AAA batteries
- Format memory cards
- Vagabond battery
- Coloured gels
- Beauty dish
- Mid-size umbrella