Shimakaze is cute and DFC and risque, but interesting covers all the most problematic spots. So why not!
Drying off on deck (uniform is not accurate) shimakaze01.jpg
The GSC figure is a great reference: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4240/Shimakaze.html
Shallow diving: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1379851_667758146576027_174172304_n.jpg
Under way on the surface: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=39164376&mode=medium
How many did it at Comiket: https://twitter.com/xxxprius/status/386761022159085568/photo/1
Dem Rensouhou-chans: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1552398?tags=rensouhou-chan
- Sailor shirt
- Neck scarf (black)
- Skimpy strappy underwear
- Very short skirt
- Striped thighhighs
- Elbow gloves
- Anchor hair accessory
- Bunny ears
- Rudder boots
- Artillery mount for the back (kinda optional, it's not very noticeable and most would eschew it for convenience and appearance)
I can modify a regular seifuku pattern for this, albeit slightly shorter than normal. It nominally comes down to the top of the navel, but I reckon it should come down a little lower because it'll naturally rise up if my arms (and thus shoulders) are raised a bit.
- Traditional sailor collar (extends over the arm opening hem)
- Collar is square at the back
- Collar rounds a little over the collarbones, then meets at a point in the middle of the chest
- Gold stripe trim just inside the border of the collar
Sleeveless is a massive boon, that makes it much easier to sew.
The front has a sorta double-breasted(?) front panel rather than opening in the middle. That might make it ideal to hide a zipper.
Roughly: Front left side, front right side, front, back (in two parts? one piece is likely to be easy enough).
Six big brass/gold buttons on the front, two rows of three.
Inverted V-shaped notch on the side seams.
This will be completely faked up, seeing as underwear like that is unlikely to be useful for my purposes anyway. Invisible double-sided fashion tape can hold the straps in place over my pelvis bones.
Very short skirt
Should be easy to make, straight pleated skirt with waistband. Sits very low, will just cover buttocks depending on modesty requirements. Will definitely be a bad idea to bend over.
- 4cm waistband
- 18cm of skirt length
- One big gold/brass button on the left side, front of skirt laps over left side
- Comes high up the upper arm, roughly over the peak of the biceps
- White, skin tight
- Blue 6cm turnover "cuff" at the top
- Gold strip on the blue cuff, slightly higher up than the middle of the cuff
- A very bleached blonde-ish sort of colour
- Long, comes down to about butt-length
- Got that M-shaped tuft in the middle of the forehead
- Some bangs coming down to the high-cheek area
- Long front strands, one on each side, left strand has the hair ornament
Anchor hair ornament
A little anchor and short length of chain, hangs off the left front strand of hair. Easiest to buy, probably.
- Attached to black alice-band
- Tall and thin
- Left side is straight, right side is bent over
- Knot in the middle
These could be hard to make or adapt, might be worth buying.
- Silver-grey in colour
- Mid-calf height
- Big donut-like padding at the top
- The sole and heel is red
- The heel is actually a rudder, very difficult to make, best to cheat somehow
- Shimakaze in a kiddie pool would be cute and funny
Online shopping links
Red and white striped socks: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thigh-High-Thick-Socks-Striped/370952621952
- Not needed, got some as Cospa
- "島風 cos" on taobao
Rensouhou-chan plushie: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36055154783
- Anchor hair ornament:
Looks like not-nice texture: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35808145480
Nicer texture? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36492451558
Wig and ears: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36948348435
One of the cosplay options: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36519245217