- Shinkansen northwards in the evening after day 3 of comiket
- Aomori or Fukushima first?
- Let's say Aomori first
Akiba -> Ueno -> Miku train to Shin-Aomori -> short jump to Aomori -> Toyoko Inn ftw
- The Miku train is considered a hard requirement, and there's only 3 every day. Looks like:
- 09:36 - arriving at 13:00
- 11:56 - arriving at 15:45
- 18:36 - arriving at 22:10
- Sounds like I have to ditch an entire day, or arrive very late. Very late is okay, so long as Toyoko allows check-in at any time (it looks like they do, as they have special rates for guests checking in after 23:00)
- Current scheduling says I'll have a spare day to burn, if I have roughly a full day at each of Aomori/Mutsu and Fukushima
Mutsu is a local hub for the area
Yagen Valley sounds very pleasant, and if the climate is at all like Aomori city, I can expect it to be about 19-27 degrees, being mid-summer.
Other ideas here: http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Shimokita_Peninsula
Enoshima is a feasible day-trip or overnight: http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Enoshima
- 7-day JR pass is 28,000yen, that more than covers the 18,000yen trip up to Aomori, and the 12,000yen trip back down to Sendai
- Rad links:
Alone in the Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llM9MIM_9U4
Photographing the Nuclear Disaster in Fukushima: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3OA1tNFfo
- Redline limit is 3.8 uSv (per hour?)
That's a geiger counter, model not discerned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Minamisoma_Radiation_2011-11.jpg
- Hirono: should be accessible
- Kawauchi: should be accessible, expected to be mostly abandoned
- Iitate: not enough details, may be accessible, considered to be a risk area
- Naraha: abandoned, unclear whether checkpoint still in place
- Minami-Soma: a frontier city on the exclusion perimeter, parts will be accessible. This should be ideal
- Tomioka: abandoned, expected to be off-limits an inaccessible without government authorisation?
- "On March 25, 2013, the nuclear evacuation zone in Tomioka was revised. Japanese authorities decided to set three different zones according to different levels of radiation." Not sure if true, that's not cited and sounds like Minami-Soma.
- Flight to Gold Coast
- Flight to Narita
- Arrive at Narita
- Arrive in Akiba
- Hotel Name: Toyoko Inn Tokyo Kanda Akihabara - about 7100yen
- Reservation number: 5137368
- Hotel Telephone Number: 03-3669-1045
- FAX： 03-3669-1046
Reservation made through Airbnb:
- Takahiro: 806-736-0250
- Confirmation Code: XKQWT8
- Check in: flexible
- Check out: flexible
- Address: 4B Maison Shoto, 1-26-19 Shoto Shibuya, Tokyo
- $331 AUD, already paid
- Comiket Day 1
- Comiket Day 2
- Depart for Aomori
- Arrive in Aomori, pick up car and head to Mutsu, Osore-zan. Drive Route 4 to Noheji via the coastal road, then Route 279 to Mutsu, then Route 4 to Osorezan.
The pulse bath at the onsen is super chuu2.
The stay cost 4500 yen (3900 + 600 for breakfast).
- See Yagen valley
- Tour Aomori a bit
Stay at Toyoko Inn Aomori-eki
Booked for 20:00 check-in
Hotel Name: Aomori-eki Shomen-guchi Reservation number: 5627781 Hotel Telephone Number: 017-735-1045 FAX： 017-735-1046
7106yen, car space is first come first served.
Tour Lake Towada.
- Return the rental car
Travel to Sendai in the afternoon and stay there for the night.
Booked for 19:00 check-in
Hotel Name: Sendai Higashi-guchi No.1 Reservation number: 5614454 Hotel Telephone Number: 022-256-1045 FAX： 022-293-2045
11,362yen, should have spare car spaces.
Full day in Fukushima region.
- Pick up the rental car from Sendai-eki Higashiguchi branch.
Car rental booked for an HV1-class vehicle, a Prius c.
Stay in Sendai again.
Still in Sendai, drive around some more
- Return the rental car at Sendai-eki Higashiguchi branch.
There are Miku trains from Sendai to Tokyo at:
16:32 -> 18:08
18:12 -> 19:48
There's a Vocaniconight event on in Tokyo this evening.
Booked Via Inn Akihabara again, should cost 17,600 yen
- Pick up rental car from Shinagawa station
Staying at Via Inn Akihabara.
Buy all the things.
- Flight to Gold Coast
- Flight to Sydney
- Arrive in Sydney