Make it clearer that this isn't a normal admin assistant role; we're largely a paperless office, and there's a bunch of shit you won't be doing:
- Sitting behind a desk all day
- Typing shit
- Filing documents
- Answering the phone
Anchor is an IT company looking for a friendly and motivated individual to ensure the smooth running of our busy office. You will be supporting our dedicated technical team to help them stay focused on core competencies, and assisting senior management with day-to-day organisation.
The ideal candidate will be switched-on and well organised, with demonstrated experience in juggling many tasks at once. Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be dealing with our staff, suppliers and members of the public on occasion.
Description of duties
The type of work you can expect will be highly varied and demands a can-do attitude to get the job done. As a sample of the tasks you'll perform:
- Handling mail and courier deliveries
- Ordering supplies for the office (stationery, consumables, furniture, beverages, cakes, etc.) and ensuring that everything is well-stocked
- Contacting customers for non-technical matters
- Liaising with suppliers and contacts for events that we sponsor
- Arranging weekly company lunches and social events
- Purchasing of coffee
- Assisting new employees with setting up their workstation and settling in
- Occasional financial matters and petty cash
- PA duties for our CEO, primarily scheduling meetings and dealing with associated correspondence and minutes
Anchor is a webhosting provider in the Sydney CBD serving thousands of customers, big and small. Our office is fun and relaxed, filled with bright and dedicated professionals who love a challenge.
Reasons you'll love working at Anchor:
- Next door to Town Hall station, and in close proximity to many bus stops
- Large open-plan office
- Well-stocked drinks fridge
- Company lunch every Friday, visiting one of the many of the nearby eateries
- Casual work environment - this is strictly a no-suits workplace
- Some of the best coffee in the city is just across the road
How to apply
This position is available for an immediate start. If you're a perfect fit for us, please send your resume with covering letter to: email@example.com
Please include the subject line "Office assistant and PA vacancy".