- 0:20 Prep
- 1:25 Cook
- 10 Servings
- 140g caster sugar
- 6 egg, separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 50g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 100ml milk fresh
- 60g cake flour
- 20g cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture.
- Fold in the flour, the cornflour, salt, egg yolks and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the cheese mixture and fold well.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20 cm round springform cake pan or removable-base cake pan. Wrap the base of the cake tin with aluminium foil, to prevent seepage.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Leave to cool in oven with door ajar, for 30-60 minutes.
- 1 whisk
- 1 20cm springform pan
- 1 foil
Sudden changes in temperature may cause the cake to cool too quickly and collapse.